- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Lightly grease the foil.
2. Microwave the chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in granulated and brown sugars. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in flour, vanilla, and salt.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 40 to 44 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Lift brownies from pan. Gently remove the foil and cut the brownies into 16 squares.