- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of a 12- x 8-inch pan with heavy aluminum foil or parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Lightly grease the foil.
2. Stir together 2 cups of flour and ½ cup of powdered sugar. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Press mixture onto the bottom of prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until smooth, and the whisk in granulated sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir together baking powder and remaining 1/4 cup flour; whisk into the egg mixture. Pour mixture over hot baked crust.
5. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes). Remove foil, and cut into bars; sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.